Friday, November 24, 2006

My Beautiful God

I heard a little Owlie talking about why she believed in God. I'd like to share my thoughts, if you don't mind. :)

I think logic reassures me, it comforts me. Everything in the Qur'an makes sense - it fits. Think about it - we were told the human body was made of water, the components of the earth (consider the minerals - they're there), and the embryo from a clot of blood and sperm hundreds of years before we discovered the scientific evidence of it.

But what profoundly touches me is the beauty of God's word; His promise; His creation, when fulfilling its potential for beauty. Beauty is what connects me with God. Whatever your situation, there always exists something beautiful, be it hopeful or grateful. I believe in Him because He's given me so many beautiful things to hold on to as a reminder of Him.

No comments: